Brazilian vs Mongolian Hair: What’s the Difference
Nov 08,2023 | OhMyPretty
Brazilian vs Peruvian vs Malaysian vs Indian Hair, the hair texture of different hair is a headache for everyone when choosing a wig. Different hair types of wigs have different uses, different ways of wearing them, and different effects created, so it is important to understand their similarities and differences. Then according to different needs choose different hair types of wigs. This blog will give you a detailed introduction to Brazilian hair and Mongolian hair characteristics and differences.
What is Brazilian hair
Brazilian hair is a more coarse, fuller, thicker hair type, which tends to have thicker strands and it can blend well with natural hair textures.
-Brazilian hair tends to have thicker strands
Brazilian hair is coarser than ordinary hair, so it will look thicker than other hair in volume, and the overall state is very thick, which is a kind of hair that looks very full and rich. But the texture also contributes to its unmanageable nature. So, if you choose this hair type, it needs more maintenance.
-Brazilian hair blends well with natural hair textures.
Brazilian hair is more like our natural hair, giving you a natural look if you are blending with a U-part wig and clip in hair extension. The hair texture is the closest to our natural hair, which can meet the wearing needs of some of our special wigs, so that the wigs and our real hair are better integrated together so that the appearance looks less fake, and brings you a natural effect.
What is Mongolian hair
Mongolian hair refers to a kind of hair from Mongolia, which is very soft, smooth, and shiny It's a good choice for a human hair wig.
- Mongolian hair has a silky texture
Mongolian hair is usually straight or slightly wavy, with medium density and a delicate texture. It is very soft, and smooth and has a natural shine.
- Mongolian hair is suitable for creating a flowing effect
Mongolian hair is different from other types of primary hair such as Brazilian hair and Indian hair because of its smooth texture. Mongolian hair is commonly used to make hair bundles and wigs to provide a natural, flowing effect.
Brazilian vs Mongolian hair: What’s the difference
The main difference between Brazilian vs Mongolian hair is the hair texture. Brazilian hair is relatively coarse, and the overall volume is thicker; The texture of Mongolian hair is relatively smooth, and the luster is very strong.
1. Hair structure:
Brazilian hair is usually thick and full, while Mongolian hair is soft and thin. Brazilian hair is naturally wavy or curly, while Mongolian hair is usually straight or slightly wavy.
2. Hair density:
Mongolian hair is known to be dense, meaning it has a higher density of hair per square inch compared to Brazilian hair. This makes Mongolian hair look thicker.
3. Hair durability:
Brazilian hair is known for its durability and resilience, even when exposed to heat, styling tools, and chemical treatments. Mongolian fur is very durable but may require more care and maintenance to keep it in good condition.
4. Styling versatility:
Both Brazilian and Mongolian hair can be styled, colored, and curled using hot tools. However, Brazilian hair maintains its style well and can withstand high temperatures due to its coarse texture. Because Mongolians have thinner hair, you may need to be more careful when using heat-setting devices.
How to take care of the Brazilian hair wig
- Clean: Use mild, sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners specifically designed for human hair wigs. To minimize tangles, avoid excessive force or friction when washing. While your hair is damp, gently comb it with a wide-toothed comb to remove any tangles.
- Moisturize: Use a leave-in conditioner or conditioner to moisturize your hair and prevent it from drying out. Avoid heavy oils and greasy products as they can weigh down your wig.
- Heat Styling: Before using heat styling tools, protect your hair from heat damage by using a heat protection spray or serum. To prevent hair drying, use low to medium heat settings and avoid excessive heat.
- Brush your hair: Gently brush your hair with a wide-toothed comb or a soft-bristled comb. Start at the ends and work your way upwards to avoid pulling or damaging your hair.
- Care before bed: Tie the wig into a loose braid or bun before bed to prevent hair from getting tangled while sleeping. You can also use a satin or silk pillowcase to reduce friction and keep your hair smooth.
- Avoid chemicals: Minimize the use of chemicals such as hair dyes and perms as they can damage your hair.
- Swimming: Before swimming in a pool or ocean, wet your wig with clean water and apply leave-in conditioner or hair oil to form a protective barrier. Rinse your hair thoroughly after swimming and use moisturizing products to lock in moisture.
The difference between Brazilian and Mongolian hair is the texture of their hair. Brazilian hair is rough and Mongolian hair is smooth. You can choose according to your needs.